Wanderlust

My life is shaped by the urgent need to wander and observe,
and my camera is my passport.
– Steve McCurry

Amboseli National Park, Kenya

New York, USA

I’d like to go anywhere.
– John Steinbeck

Ghorepani, Nepal

Look for chances to take the less-traveled roads.
There are no wrong turns.
– Susan Magsamen

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Afghan Border, Afghanistan

Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again;
we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.
– Jack Kerouac

USA Mexico Border

I was lying to myself when I thought I was lost,
I have never been lost – I just wasn’t ready to be found.

– Nikki Rowe

Russia

… a certain kind of wanderlust can only be assuaged by the acts of the body
itself in motion, not the motion of the car, boat, or plane.
– Rebecca Solnit

Aosta Valley, Italy

Umbria, Italy

Morocco

… all my life I have lived and behaved very much like the Sandpiper just
running down the edges of different countries and continents,
looking for something.
– Elizabeth Bishop

Bangladesh

London, United Kingdom

Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
– Confucius

Italy cammino di francesco, Rieti

Kali Gandaki River Valley, Nepal

I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads.
Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.
– Rosalia de Castro

Italy

That’s the place to get to—nowhere.
One wants to wander away from the world’s
somewheres, into our own nowhere.
– D.H. Lawrence

Fiji

The gladdest moment in human life
is a departure into unknown lands.

– Sir Richard Burton

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Wanderlust

1. I am fascinated with all those people visiting the well-trodden paths while there’s so much just waiting to be discovered. Sometimes you just have to ‘get lost’ to stumble on a real gem. Thanks for inspiring me to just get on my bike and take a few random turns more often.

2. knsircy says:

With what is going on today in this world I looked at your photos this morning and my shoulders dropped and relaxed, I tear came outfrom my eye, and I was delighted to be on this earth. Thank you

3. Your camera is my passport too .. a beautiful journey. Thank you so much for sharing

4. What a jewel of a blog. The words and the pictures are beautifully matched, each feeding the other, and offering a feast for the senses. My own travels have been stopped short this summer due to a broken shoulder, so I relish your work even more! Bravo.

5. Heide says:

“Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” You’ve certainly taken Confucius’ advice, Steve. Thank you once again for sharing your gorgeous, inspiring work.

6. Myrna says:

Thank you. Your photos and selected quotes inspire me to tap into my inner explorer and wander,

7. Fabulous! Thank you for this journey.

8. Your work is beautiful!

I love these photos. Thank you Steve

10. Steve you have been my favorite photographer for years. I love your incredible work with landscapes and your portraits show so much emotions, as a photographer I’d be happy to be able to do half as good as your work. You are truly a master of your trade, I can’t get enough of your work, keep them coming.

11. richpicsblog says:

These images demonstrate why nearly all the best landscapes are enhanced by the inclusion of a human figure. Masterful.

Beautiful photos and equally beautiful quotes. Thank you again Stevebhai. You have given me inspiration to travel again

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.

13. Bill Bennett says:

Reblogged this on PGS – The Way and commented:
    I love to wander too… (Steve McCurry takes the best travel shots!)

14. S_MW says:

I adore your work. Beautiful!

15. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

16. Enviroart says:

So,poetic and beautiful. You make us want t live !

A delight to look at. Great quotes too.

18. we all are traveling at the speed of time…

19. artbymeera says:

awesome photos and wonderful quotes ! Thanks for sharing 🙂

20. Ton Westphal says:

On a daily basis, one receives a wealth of information. Stupid, nonsense, serious, bizar, creative and, of course, ‘breaking news’. You cannot open all those items, nor read or see what is happening all over the world. But this blog? I’m always curious and surprised. So keep watching, and stay tuned. I like it!

21. ninagrandiose says:

As a lifestyle traveler, the very core of my being centers around travel and wanderlust so naturally this theme and photographs appeal enormously. Nothing opens the mind and heart like travel. Thank you for this reminder and for your always moving work.

22. Eren Somcag says:

Always a pleasure and a learning opportunity, thanks Mr. Mccurry

23. As usual, the images and quotes are first class. I must say, I liked your quote the best !

24. Sue says:

Thanks for taking me to these varied places!

25. Makes me want to pack my bags!

26. Patricia Haynes says:

Although we’ve never met, yet, we’re fifth cousins. Like you I got the photography gene. Unlike you, my gene is nowhere near as developed as yours! I’ve had a few photos published, mainly about Egypt, but obviously not like you. I think we both got the itchy feet gene. 🙂 Anyway, these photos are awesome. Curious as to what cameras and lenses you use.

27. Tus ojos tienen un dios que solo ve cosas bellas

28. Fátima Claudino says:

A good picture always has the path of the heart and senses
    Thank you for your work over the years

29. Colltales says:

I don’t know how you do it, Steve, but even with probably a photographer for every dozen pair of eyes or so on this earth, and that’s a lot of lenses and clicks, your work always manages to take us ‘there.’ And we go and get there and get filled with all these feelings of wonder, and somehow come back different. In my case, hopefully, a better person. Thank you for the experience. Cheers

30. Jane Tearle says:

Love this blog. the words and the pictures say it all.

31. Dalo 2013 says:

Fantastic. Beautifully fantastic.

Wonderful blog! As a person out by yourself, you always wonder what’s around the corner.