Tribute Art

It is a great privilege when other artists send us their own works
based on my pictures.  It is a wonderful affirmation of the
strength and dignity shown on the faces
of these people around the world.

Nidhi Kakar, India

Lori Fronckowiak

Daniel Mammana, Italy

Jane Perkins, United Kingdom

William Frediani, Italy

Asif Shahid, Pakistan

Tamlyn Teow, Australia

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Tribute Art

1. yu in kol says:

Wow!!! Fantastic I love it….

2. Elisa says:

Wow these are amazing!

3. Pingback: Absolutely beautiful! Tribute Art — Steve McCurry’s Blog | Na'ama Yehuda

4. louise says:

Reblogged this on A CHAQUE JOUR SA PROPRE BEAUTÉ and commented:
    C’est vraiment magnifique !!! Bravo !

5. Hawkesmill says:

Wonderful work inspired by one of the true masters of our craft.

Well done everyone!

To me, this series belongs in the category computer artist, and as such it is well done.

7. Pingback: fascinating – Faszination Afrika

8. afrikafrau says:

fascinating these art-pictures, my seciality is paintings of africa, interested of other artist pictures, wonderfull

Such an excellent tribute to your work. Always a pleasure to look and admire . Thank you Stevebhai

10. S_MW says:

Wow, these are fabulous. What a great thing for you to post this too. You inspire me to photograph and it’s a personal passion for me. Through yours and other’s work I’ve got such a longing to travel and photograph everything I see, but until such time as I can, I shall live vicariously through you all. Thank you for posting such a lovely tribute.

11. This is way beyond beautiful. I dont know where to save the link so that I never forget about this post.

12. Pingback: Courage – vivlm

13. Lovely, so cool to inspire people to do these, and really nice that they send them to you.

14. leanpower says:

Reblogged this on Leanpower – In Ami's mind's eye and commented:
    I admire Steve’s photographic blogs and this blog is a great tribute to his work.

15. What a tribute to your work! It would be wonderful to see your portraits paired with these art works.

16. Such a tribute to your work! It would be wonderful to see the photographs paired with those portraits the artists captured.

17. Steve, you are correct in stating it is a tribute to those you have photographed and shared their stories. This is also a tribute to uou, the compassionate traverler and chronical of the human race. I am and continue to be inspired.

18. Pretty darned awesome. Especially as I recall, each and every one of your images these where based upon. Magic – thank you for sharing Steve

19. Steve, What a wonderful post & website you have! Horty Rexach sent me over from her website! Thanks! Now “Following”! Phil from excuseusforliving.com

20. Dr. Rex says:

Reblogged this on It Is What It Is and commented:
    Steve McCurry’s work is always amazing … ❤️

21. Myrna says:

When I saw your name in my email, before opening it, I wondered if it would be ok to paint one of your pictures. My answer to myself was, “No. Of course not. There are all kinds of copyright issues to consider.” It’s so nice to see that you are honored and not threatened by someone’s tribute to your talent. These paintings are superb. Thank you for sharing them with us.

22. dalterego says:

I wanted a long time ago to ask you if I can draw some of your photos. I am glad to discover that you have no problem with this.

23. Realy wonderful tribute… I remember visiting Koh Samui in Thailand and most of the replica artists had at least one copy of the ” Afghan Girl ” in their portfolio 🙂